Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
toolbar not working

7493 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: 2020-09-28 14:19:08

•   Level 2   
    (10) points
    Johnny
    2018-07-14 08:20:20
    Hi Guys. The top and bottom tool bar on my MS 906 has stopped responding to touch commands !! eg no history function or home button. Any help would be appreciated.

•   Level 3   
    (50) points
    hollingsworthsteve

2018-10-16 20:22:53 (Reply to:Johnny)

mine doing the same thing but the hole touch screen does not work. I know of 3 906ts and one 908p started doing this just out of warranty.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points

2018-11-02 00:44:07 (Reply to:Johnny)

Mine is doing the same thing. Everything works except the entire toolbar. Did you ever get any solution to this? 

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Jerry

2018-11-18 20:47:01

Hello,

Mine is doing the same thing, the top toolbar doesn't work in the maxisys app. As well as the top part of any app that I open. In Chrome, I can't close the different tabs because that whole top portion of the touchscreen has stopped responding. Has anybody figured out a solution for this? Please let me know, thank you.

Jerry

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Hrobinson

2019-03-17 15:23:19 (Reply to:Jerry)

Hello,

Was there a solution to this issue of the toolbar not responding?

Please provide an update.

Thanks

•   Level 2   
    (18) points
    MBofMB

2020-01-10 15:04:54 (Reply to:Hrobinson)

There are many questions on the touch screen problems of not working ... why hasn't a solution been posted??

Are there replacement parts available (part#s?), etc.

Thank you for all your time and efforts.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2020-03-02 18:45:14

https://youtu.be/Xm07T60LeP4

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    Stangalang

2020-03-15 01:19:47

Basically, what the above youtube link will tell you is that it's not the digitizer that's the problem but the inside circuitry.  Although if you replace the digitizer, it will again work properly but may have the same issue down the line.  The poster says he's going to tell you how to fix this issue in a future video, but as of today doesn't have it available.

I started having problems with the top part of the touch screen on my MS906.  Not too long after, the bottom toolbar is experiencing the same issue.  I did find a work around though to be able to get to where I need to, home page and all.  It takes a bit of navigating the menus, but will allow you to use your Maxisys until you get it fixed (as long as it's only the toolbars giving you issues).  Working on a quick video that I'll post soon.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    Stangalang

2020-03-15 01:25:06 (Reply to:MBofMB)

Current ebay listing has it for $67.  Go to ebay and search for 282863570576

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-03-16 13:51:12 (Reply to:Stangalang)

If screen isn't cracked , Before you tamper with anything that might void any future warranty repair, You could try using a USB mouse until you can reach support for your geographic area by phone. Call in with the unit's serial number and register password and find out if screen is not cracked and  you purchase of a Total care update,  that the screen replacement repair be covered under the Total Care Update warranty and be something they can get repaired in your country without shipping it to China.
      If they tell you the serial number of your unit( you bought from a seller off Amazon or Ebay) is not in their database as one from a authorized regional dealer, then you would have to deal with Autel Support of Mainland China and pay to ship it overseas for needed repairs , and I would pass on buying an update if I had to deal with support in China and shipping one over there for repairs.
  Total2 Pages